why, hello there!

It's always a pleasure to have a visitor in my blog. Please have a stroll, make yourself at home, and share your thoughts if you like.


April 24, 2012

open for options


We all have our ‘highs’ and ‘lows’. It’s part of being human. Wise men said that the only constant thing about life: change. And I believe it’s true. I’ve read about it, seen it happened, and experienced it myself. One minute, we feel like our world’s fumbling down, the next minute we’re happily laughing all and about it.

Give thanks anyway…for the good stuff: the promotion, the fun vacation, the delightful delicacies; and the not so good stuff: the rejection, the heartbreak, the arguments. The not so good stuff may be a bit harder to swallow, but once we make peace with them and move on, the reward is priceless. It’s like stepping to another level of consciousness. Anyway, what is life all about but keeping our souls intact to God over our humanly-fears?

 
We must’ve had at least one ugly experience that’s glued so hard, it’s hard to be removed from our belief system. And it almost feels wrong that to not think the way we think, because we’ve been too attached to it. For instance, all our lives, we think of men as cheaters. Perhaps, we’ve experienced a few in our surroundings with similar characteristics. We get too occupied with that particular idea that it blocks our view that there is actually a larger picture in life.

It’s funny, really…‘cause I just figured an analogy for such concept through an experience of purchasing ‘hair-vitamins’. It all began when I got the chance to test a branded hair product made of Pracaxi, Argan & Maize oil – all of which are exotic oils extracted from many places throughout the world which work magically in transforming dull hair to magnificence. Also, it’s multi-functioned; can be used before (or after) blow-dry and before (or after) washing the hair. It smells so delish I want to give my hair a big wet French kiss :p Anyway, I fell in love with it and hoping to be able to purchase it one day. My hair is quite dry due to regular use of straightening iron and I feel that it’s necessary to have one of those to make my hair healthier and shinier. But the fact that the price is quite expensive hesitated me. Two days ago, however, as I was strolling down the alley of hair products in the supermarket, I saw small jelly-capsules labeled “Hair Vitamin”. It’s quite ‘down-to-earth’ compared to the exclusive oils I had in mind earlier, but I decided to give it a try. So yesterday, after washing my hair, I applied the capsule-contained oil on my hair thoroughly before using straightening iron. To my surprise, it smells great and give the shine and softness to my hair until now. Wow…I was really happy to know that opening up for more options can really boost my spirit.

 
I realize that I am sometimes rigid to options. Sometimes I'd say, "Fine, whatever" when my opinion is actually the other way around, but too lazy to argue. And when this ignorance-drama  I've been pulling seem to get me annoyed, I usually fume! And my friends and family would  react "WTH?"  Well, that's another story. In this case, apparently having an alternative apart from ‘what I had in mind’ can be fun. I’m not saying that we should settle for less than the best, but opening up and be lenient for other stuffs (that we’ve been resenting since we’re overly absorbed with a single item) can make life more exciting, too -  which includes grabbing the option to stay calm and take it easy when our desires aren't met. the way we want them to be. Why not make the best of our journey by taking a little bit of everything along the way?

No comments:

Post a Comment