why, hello there!

It's always a pleasure to have a visitor in my blog. Please have a stroll, make yourself at home, and share your thoughts if you like.


April 21, 2012

whatta day - august 28, 2008

After a frustrating-grammar-implentation action I persuaded my students to understand, I am glad that today the've seem to be getting better at it. Though I was a bit concerned at first that my three hour sleep last night, I began my day with a (successful) parent-teacher meeting with Arya's mum.

Then, there was Adi, the 3rd grade ADHD boy integrating in Bahasa Indonesia session. He gave the attitude and behaved aggressively 75% of the time. Hmm...not exactly my favorite part of the day. But then, Adinna , also a grade 3 student (minus the learning difficulty), came to me and said, "Ibu Mira, you look a lot like Titi Kamal when she was young!" I stunned when those words came out from her cute little lips, and thought "Ha? Moi? The 'young' version of TiKam? As if the celeb herself's already Oma2..." I bursted in laughter and with a normal intonation, replied "Hmm, I'll take it as a compliment ya, Adinna.."

It's funny how children can do and say things we, adults, could never imagine they'd act out. Adinna, my dear, you sure have made my day 

No comments:

Post a Comment