why, hello there!

It's always a pleasure to have a visitor in my blog. Please have a stroll, make yourself at home, and share your thoughts if you like.


April 21, 2012

these days

For the last couple of weeks I haven’t been able to breathe as freely as I used to be since I was one of the decoration committee for the “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” performance. Man, have I learned a LoT—besides the fact that now I know how to maximize the application of double tape & duct tape (which is by using a cutter to divide them into three sections)—including hand-to-hand cooperation together with your co-workers (some I thought wouldn’t lift an elbow for such), leadership role modeling (whatever that means…) and the its and bits of this and that (including techniques of making a gorgeous braided rug! inspired by steps of producing a gigantic lollipop). Even though I’ve reached my late-est record of going home (11.00 p m, that is) I think it’s been one hell of a joy ride. It was never been like this “back in the days” in my earlier experience. After those long-hours and pampered mind & bod afterwards, I am now able get back in track once again.

Friday night, after the show, it was the last time I saw the decorations piled in front of the art room. I (thought) I sounded an announcement to the support staffs not to throw the leftovers yet since I was about to place some in my class. Thus, on Monday (while my bones are still cracking into pieces) I did not even peek to see how my decoration’s doing. I came on Tuesday afternoon instead…just to find that all the deco props have already thrown away. Darn it! After all those hard work, those adorable squirrels, those lollies, those flowers, sunny bees…all wiped out, terminated, vanished. There was disappointment (even not for long), for it’s not much of a use either to be reckoned. Oh well…so I rushed myself to the gym just to wash the ugly feeling away (besides fulfilling my obligation to complete the monthly payment as well, hohoho!). It’s my fist visit there, solo. However, it wasn’t as creepy as I thought it’d be. I hopped in a treadmill for a total of 30:25 (thirty mins and 25 secs) as written on the screen, accompanied by fashion tv swimsuit edition in front of my very eyes (awe, aren’t women’s curves simply beautiful, delightful, blissful?). Anyways, as I was walking towards the changing room, there was this crowd standing in front of the yoga room. 7.00 pm : Asthanga Yoga. And I said to myself: Hell, yea! Got nothing to lose. On ward I went. The moves seemed simple…until suddenly the lady asked us to squat and placed her arms inside her inner thighs, lied her palms on the floor and, hung her both legs in the air. Geez! To begin with, my first impression was: the lady didn’t even look muscular, slender nor flexible…she’s lean all right, petite, and curvy. Anyone who passed her across the street would never imagine that she could be so powerful. Salute.

Every day…there’s always something new.
Every day…there’s always something to learn.
Every day…there’s always something to be thanked for.

No comments:

Post a Comment