why, hello there!

It's always a pleasure to have a visitor in my blog. Please have a stroll, make yourself at home, and share your thoughts if you like.


April 21, 2012

day 8 2012

Went to bed early last night and woke up at 5.40 am. It wasn't raining when I woke up, but it didn't take more than half an hour for the sky to darken and poured down water as if there's a giant in the sky, mourning over a heartbreak. The perfect moment for Adam Levine to sing, "Sunday morning, rain is falling..." 

Since this is the 8th day of 2012, allow me to share 8 of my ultimate loves (that might just inspire you in getting a birthday gift for me next month =P) 
  1. Patchwork. Call me an old-school hippy, but I find it a lot of fun to combine assorted materials and join them into an artistic piece of craft. I have a batik patchwork bag that I bought in PRJ Kemayoran a few years ago and carry around almost everywhere. I also have another bag purchased in Bali, also patchwork; a combination of rattan material, orange-colored thread, flannel floral prints, and black-white plaids. Bags aren't the only items I fancy when it comes to patchwork. I used to have a patchwork blanket, but unfortunately, it has aged and worn out
  2. Customized items. I've always loved giving friends customized gifts, such as T-shirt with our photos printed on it or a mug with his/her photo and best wishes. Often, I would make a personal greeting card or recycle a shoebox by collaging its surface to make a gift box. I just love DIYs (of course, this can only be done with an adequate amount of time). I like to browse www.marthastewart.com for ideas      
  3. Knee-length fun skirts. I like to wear a skirt when going out with friends because it's effortlessly relaxed. Fun skirts are always...well, fun!
  4. A unique yet exciting item I'd never buy on my own. Once, a friend of mine gave me two keychains. They aren't just any keychains. One is a mini white fridge containing magnetic words that can be arranged to make a sentence. The other is a  pink Magic 8 ball. Shake it and answers to any of your dilemma will emerge. It can be a 'YES', 'NO' or 'MAYBE'.
  5. A picture book. A visual learner all my life, I've always been a fan of picture-books. There's a book I recommended to a friend for her husband's birthday present. It's called "Show Me How. 500 Things You Should Know. Instructions for Life from the Everyday to the Exotic." Inside it is a step by step how-to do everything from tying shoelaces to making sushi. Last time I went to Aksara, their first edition was finished and they only sell the second edition, which is the "More of Show Me How..."
  6. Home decor from "Fred" in Debenhams, Ikea, or Ace Hardware. Even a simple peeler looks cute coming from those stores (not that I need any) :D 
  7. A set of colorful nail polish, stickers, and small paint brush or a set of DIY-something, for "experimental activites"  
  8. .........................................(your call!)       

No comments:

Post a Comment