why, hello there!

It's always a pleasure to have a visitor in my blog. Please have a stroll, make yourself at home, and share your thoughts if you like.


April 21, 2012

kuala lumpur - singapore day 6 - april 26, 2009

11 April, 2009

It’s our last day at KL, and we woke up late (again). Rully, our morning alarm, came to the room all set with his bag to purchase souvenirs at Sungei Wong, similar as ITC in Jakarta, but smaller. We went there separately since even though we’re heading to the same building, he’s going to look for chocolate and stuff in the supermarket, while we girls wanted to browse on the clothes section.  

Sungei Wong is heaven for Harajuku lovers. I saw a cute furry animal print capuchon and almost asked for the price if Meme didn’t remind me that those are only good to be stared at instead of to be worn (especially in humid J-town). I guess she’s right. Meme searched for a T-shirt for her brother, while I didn’t have anything in mind except if I found something I could never get back home. Meme finally found what she looked for, a couple T-shirt with picture of Mickey on a Vespa (for her bro), and Minnie on a Vespa (for his girlfriend). In the same shop, I had my eyes on the necklaces accessorized around some of the T-shirts. There’s one that looked like exactly like a mini video camera, and another that looked like a mini digital camera. It’s 3D, made of solid metal, and can be used for lighter! The shopkeeper wouldn’t let me get away with it on the price I requested, but there’s another necklace I was really fond of. It’s a 2D camera with mirrors on the lenses. Super kawaii! And I got it for the price I wanted...yippee!

Done with Sungei Wong, we pursued a pair of casual shoes for Meme’s dad. So, we went inside a mall (I forgot what it’s called) and started looking, short intermezzo at Vincci store, then went on again ‘til we finally got what we’re looking for. Afterwards, we texted Rully to meet up. He waited for us in KFC. We only got 15 minutes before time to check out from the hotel and leave for LCCT, the Air Asia airport, but we haven’t had anything to eat since morning. Therefore, we ordered rice and chicken. Unlike plain white rice, the rice in KFC there was spiced and the flavor was exceptional to my taste buds. Though the chili sauce is not much better than Singapore’s, but the rice, I like! We ate as fast as we could since the van that we ordered to take us to LCCT.

In the airport’s immigration, suddenly one of the officers exclaimed, “Camera! Camera!” with his finger pointed at me. It turned out that he thought the necklace I was wearing was a real camera. I explained to him that it’s an accessory and it’s harmless. He simply looked the other way, probably feeling embarrassed for not being able to differentiate between real camera and a necklace. Haha…

We waited in the waiting room. As I went to the toilet, I heard names being called from the speaker; Ayu Miranti, Ratna Megasari, Rully Mahendra, please…(the rest of what he said was blur). What’s going on? Was the plane so empty that the officer had to call us one person at a time to get on board? Were our suitcases in trouble? Were our tickets in trouble? As soon as I got out, I saw Meme and Rully lined up in front of an officer. He required our tickets and passports. The passport’s in my hand, but the ticket? The guy shouted that the plane’s going to take off really soon, and I must hand him my friggin’ ticket at once! I was so panicked….‘til I finally found it folded right in the middle of my passport. Phew! That was close…
When we got on the plane, all four of us gave out one final exhale. It’s been quite a ride. I had a great time :) hope that my friends enjoyed it as much as I did…as for Kikay, I hope you’ll have double the fun in your next holiday trip ‘k ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment