why, hello there!

It's always a pleasure to have a visitor in my blog. Please have a stroll, make yourself at home, and share your thoughts if you like.


April 21, 2012

it ain't over til it's over - june 2, 2008

Last week of school...Spent Munday snapping pics of the remains of aRt Festival, testaments of my creativity (hahah...) I clearly state that I am super satisfied with each and every one of them; the whole mannequins, the director's chair, the ala Hollywood walk of fame hand and foot prints. It was a 7 to 7 work for 3 whole weeks, but it was all worth the effort  

Tuesday was Sports Day. Similar to Harry Potter's Hogwarts, my school establish these 'houses' (like Slitherin, Griffyndor, etc.) and every year the houses compete with each other through sport competitions. My 'house's team is called Sadewa, symbolized by the color yellow. The others are Nakula (blue), Bima (red), and Arjuna (green). Not only the students who are classified into houses, but the teachers as well. The teachers supported their team with a bunch of pots and pans banged here and there, pom-poms colored according to their house, banners, and all. Some teachers can be very ambitious and emotional (even more than the students themselves). And when they do, whoa...it's a battle out there, I tell ya!

Anyways, regardless the striking sunshine, it's a great way of spending our last days before the long holiday watching Andzal, Arnando, Mawira, and their team fight til the end. The closest I get to sport was a bandminton game in front of my house, and I'm not exactly the greatest fan of soccer, but I can't not surrender looking at their superb spirit. Amazing.

Tomorrow will be another day, Sport Days - day 2; Handball and Water Polo. Thursday will be Teacher's Appreciation Day (a.k.a 'food and presents day'). Friday, reporting day...hmmm, a tricky one there, having to face parents and use just the proportionate words that wouldn't rash their ears yet their kids would just be unbelievably obnoxious. Ah well, the holidays are coming soon...very soon. Can't hardly wait

No comments:

Post a Comment