why, hello there!

It's always a pleasure to have a visitor in my blog. Please have a stroll, make yourself at home, and share your thoughts if you like.


April 21, 2012

day 7 2012

I woke up a little bit late this morning although I've intended not too. Well, I did wake up early, but then decided to give it another hour to sleep 'cause the weather was just too alluring I couldn't help myself 

At 9:11 am, I was on my third page of Morning Pages (it's a daily note on my journal where I can write down anything I want, except that there's one rule: it's consist three pages. The aim for this activity is to jot down the crowded noise in my head and find a clearing). When I was two more lines to the end of the page, I heard a knocking sound. It was my sister's helper. She said, "Vani is ready..." I peeked outside & saw her granddaughter, all prepared to study. A few minutes after, Alif, came along. Vani & Alif are students of mine whom I requested to come whenever possible during this holiday to improve their English skill. 

Fifteen minutes after, I came out with a set of colored markers and story book. Alif was working on the homework I gave him last time and Vani seemed puzzled, waiting for my instruction. Alif mentioned that he has been playing PS throughout the holiday and hasn't got time to do his homework. I was a bit upset and explained that he should've done it in advance; that's why it's called 'homework' at the first place. Well, I can't blame the kid. He's only a third grader, my English class is informal and he's on a holiday. As much as I wanted him to improve, I knew that I need to be level with him. 



We reviewed about colors and sequence (first, second, third, and so on) using colored markers. Then, I grabbed my old magazines, two pairs of scissors and a glue. I asked them to label two pages of their notebook with names of color (blue, yellow, red, etc.). Next, I told them to cut several items from the magazines and stick them according to the color category. Finally, they were to write a label underneath each item. It was simple, but they seemed to enjoy it. Okay lah... 

The rain poured nonstop afterwards, giving away a melodramatic sense. I've read once that a dim-lighted room can cause gloomy mood in a person. Perhaps a similar effect occurred, since the rain came together with dark clouds. Relating to this theory, I can't help not to wonder, "Hm, could it be just the reason why most British look somber?" 

Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps...

No comments:

Post a Comment