why, hello there!

It's always a pleasure to have a visitor in my blog. Please have a stroll, make yourself at home, and share your thoughts if you like.


July 11, 2012

Inspiration from Sonia Choquette's "The Answer is Simple"

'Share your gift to the world’, a phrase that resonates in my head after I watched Spiderman. I believe that when I’m exposed to such line or phrase over and over again, it’s a message addressed to me.  

Noted.

According to ‘The Answer is Simple’, a book written by Sonia Choquette, your gift does not necessarily means saving the world from hunger or join Greenpeace. It can be as simple as lending a hand to your mom to clean the house, helping your nephews on their homework, or being true to your friends instead of talking about them behind their backs. It’s the simple things that’s done wholeheartedly that touch others and leave a mark that remain for good. Here are some of the things I captured from reading the book:



We can never ever share our gift if we don’t feel whole. That’s why, always always always give thanks. That way, we will always feel complete. Even if we can't find anything to be thankful for, thank your breathing...

Begin from the beginning of the day. Before running errands and distracted by anything else...close your eyes, breathe deeply and feel the peaceful sensation and give thanks (for your wholeness, for your functioning heart, your hands, your eyes, your nose, your legs, the chance to live another day). Nothing is ever too urgent. Nothing can hurt you. Enjoy the now.  As you have grasp calmness, slip in with your daily activities, nice and easy.

Don’t fight the flow of life. Learn to listen to your intuition, even if it doesn’t make sense. For instance, you suddenly have the urge to have avocado juice this afternoon. Follow it...you’ll never know, maybe you bump into an old flame and reconnect J

At the end of the day, take out your little book of gratefulness...and note down at least 3 things you’re grateful for that day. The effect is miraculous...you’ll feel like the luckiest person on earth. Seriously.

Picture courtesty of Claire HM (http://www.flickr.com/photos/clairehm/4794380000/)

I, myself, have been skipping the routine for quite a while. However, I intend to pull it together again. Why? Because acquiring peace of mind is something that values more than anything in the world. I realized that i’ve been too occupied with work and been stretched way too far from the spirituality realms that makes me feel good no matter how chaotic life can be.

Being detached from the inner pilot frustrates me, because everything is so overwhelming...it's like having nothing to grasp onto. 

I trust that the best things in life are ones we feel – physical and non-physical. And I believe, the moment we feel completely safe and comfortable in our own skin is the moment we can start sharing our gift.

2 comments: