why, hello there!

It's always a pleasure to have a visitor in my blog. Please have a stroll, make yourself at home, and share your thoughts if you like.


December 24, 2012

Perfect World vs Reality


In the perfect world, I would teach only the ‘good’ students
In the perfect world, I would get married to Prince Charming
In the perfect world, I would eat as much as I’d like without getting fat
In the perfect world, I would travel around the world with first class service and wear the prettiest dresses like Sarah Jessica Parker in Sex and the City
In the perfect world, I would live be an adored Queen in a magical palace
The perfect world does exist…in movies


In reality, I have students with all kinds of behavior (which aren’t always pleasant)
In reality, I’m still looking for a decent person whom I can spend the rest of my life with (with no guarantee of a ‘happily ever after’)
In reality, I love to eat, and exercise isn’t exactly my favorite thing to do
In reality, yes, I do occassionally travel (nothing posh…but I do try to make the best of it); as for pretty dresses, I do enjoy watching fashionable people, but my personal style is clean and classic with a touch of ‘today’ accessories
In reality, I’m nothing near a Queen…but I’m spoiled enough by having a household assistant who does my laundry, clean my space and serve delish food :9
In reality, life is like a book. On every turning of a page, each question asked in the past will naturally be unfolded along the journey. I realize that every experience gives a better understanding to who I am and why I’m here. Sometimes I’m too focused in the thing I ‘want’ that the bigger picture is outlooked …which is, in fact, the thing I ‘need’ (to grow). Thus, regrets are useless. Just like in a book; on each ending of a chapter, there’s always a new beginning. And I’ve walked long enough to learn that there’s no such thing as a ‘happy’ or ‘sad’ ending. My stories (and yours), both happy and sad, will be written unpausingly, until we finally exhale our last breath.            

No comments:

Post a Comment